Maqueda Mozambique Lodge and Campsites
Maqueda Mozambique is nestled amongst beautiful trees which leads to the name of Lugar de Arvores. Lugar de Arvores can be found about 90 km north of Maputo in the virtually untouched and unexplored landscape of Calanga which can be found along the coastline between Maraquene and Bilene
Our location makes us an ideal weekend getaway because it’s only approximately a three-and-a-half-hours drive from the Lebombo border post shared with South Africa
Due to the location of the lodge, it is essential that you only travel by 4×4 or diff-lock vehicles to reach the camp as you drive through very sandy terrain en-route.
We are hidden amongst the trees, that keep the lodge cool, and you are welcome to walk to the beach or drive over the dune with your 4×4 as you are allowed to use a 4km stretch of the beach for driving.
Our beautiful Casitas (chalets) cater for 2 guests per unit with en-suite shower facilities as well as full kitchen facilities.
Sunny skies, endless beaches and clear waters teeming with marine life make Mozambique the perfect beach holiday destination.
Peace, Sea and sun in a remote but reachable area are waiting for you
Maqueda Mozambique Lodge and Campsites
Maqueda Mozambique Lodge and Campsites are situated 90km from Maputo on the unspoiled beach of Calanga
The Casitas (Chalets)
The Casitas (Chalets) are nestled amongst beautiful trees hence the name of the land “Lugar De Arvores” – place of the trees, and are very private
Currently we have 2 beautifully decorated self-catering Casitas each with a huge en-suite double room consisting of an inside/ outside shower and fully equipped kitchen facilities that sleeps 2 guests
Each Casita has its own braai pit to enjoy your BBQ out in the open looking at the stars.
Due to the location of the lodge, it is essential that you only travel by 4×4 or diff-lock vehicles to reach the camp as you drive through very sandy terrain en route
Please also note that Casitas are powered by solar power only
Campsites (to be ready by July 2018)
The ten huge private campsites consist of various camps that can accommodate 6 or more guests per campsite. Each campsite has its own bathroom consisting of a shower, basin and separate toilet, a kitchenette and a 3 x 5 meter under roof sitting area for a rainy day.
The campsites also have braai facilities where you can enjoy a lovely BBQ under the stars
Campsites are equipped by solar power to run your fridges, please note that you cannot use hairdryers and kettles etc.
Camps are very spread out over the site so that guests have complete privacy in each camp
At Maqueda Mozambique Lodge and Campsite the following activities are available:
- Day on the unspoiled beach – Calanga beach is one of the only destinations in Mozambique where you are allowed to travel by car for 4 km on the beach and find a beautiful spot to enjoy your day on the beach – no hassles to carry all your beach equipment to the beach.
- Freshwater lakes, situated only3 km from the lodge mean that you can swim, fish and kayak in the most unspoiled environment you can imagine.
- Surf fishing – Calanga beach is well known for its excellent surf fishing.
- Go hiking and bird watching at leisure on the numerous little paths.
- Go hiking at night on the beach where during December and January you may encounter some sea-turtles. You can also join the Calanga turtle protection program.
- Sadly, NO QUAD BIKES ALLOWED
- R500.00 per person per night sharing – Self Catering – Sleeps 2 guests
- No children under 12 years – 12 years and older pay full rate
- Adults – R160 per person per night
- Children from 2 and under 12 years old – R80 per child per night
- Children under 2 years stay for free
- Min R320 per night
We do provide transfers from Maqueda Lodge in Marloth Park – please enquire for a quotation
- No reservation is finalised if you are not in possession of a confirmation note.
- The form below is only to request availability and does not confirm your reservation.
- Directions will be included in your confirmation note please use these directions to the letter.
- If you self-drive you are in possession of a dif-lock 4×4 vehicle.
Accessible by 4×4 or 2×4 diff lock only.
Solar power is used in all facilities so please do not bring hairdryers, kettles or any appliance that uses an element.
No quad bikes are allowed.
To make it convenient for you, please pre-arrange if you want to bring a boat along.
ONLY fishing jet skis are allowed.
- It is very important that you bring your confirmation document with you to give you access to your campsite. Please remember that there is no internet or cellphone reception so staff cannot confirm your booking and therefore will not allow you into the camp without the confirmation.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Vehicle registration documents, trailers and boats as well.
- When towing, a triangle on the front right of the towing vehicle must be displayed and on the rear right of the trailer.
- Third Party Insurance is compulsory and is obtainable at the SASOL garage Komatipoort.
- Obey all traffic rules and regulations and there is no need to bribe anyone.
- Politeness is more than likely to save any situation, never be aggressive.
- You can exchange money at the SASOL fuel station, Komatipoort before you get to the border post.
What to bring?
- Please note the nearest town is about 1-hour of sand drive away, so you will have to bring everything!
- We provide a campsite and solar powered electricity
- Bring your own braai grids
- Camping gear
- Fresh drinking water
- Cooling facilities, fridge